Position Title: Everyone On Madison Project Manager 0.5 FTE
Summary: You will be responsible for running all parts of DANEnet’s project Everyone On Madison, including coordinating and teaching digital literacy classes, getting computers to learners, coordinating community Fix IT Clinics and assisting disconnected households to sign up for low-cost home internet. You will serve as a leader of digital equity in the community.
- Develop curriculum and teach digital literacy skills to adults.
- Support Fix IT Clinics and ongoing learning
- Grow and coordinate digital literacy education and technology supports for families in Dane County
- Recruit, supervise, schedule and coordinate technology educators and volunteers.
- Develop partnerships with host organizations and deploy outreach strategies to recruit participants.
- Project administration including manage paperwork, participant database, and partner agreements
- Project communications, including oral, written and digital.
- Communicate effectively and often to participants, partners, DANEnet staff, volunteers and funders.
Commitment to DANEnet mission, vision and team.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Qualifications: Experience teaching diverse adult learners. Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for cultural and educational differences. Knowledge base in digital literacy and digital inclusion. Curriculum development. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability and enthusiasm to learn new skills
Technical skills: Demonstrated skills and competencies in digital literacy and technology education. Ability to teach introductory workshops on the following topics: email, internet, privacy and safety, office productivity software, hardware basics, Windows Operating System basics, social media and computer ownership.
Transportation: Employee must have regular and reliable transportation to sites throughout Madison.
Additional Beneficial Skills and Qualifications:
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish and/or English/Hmong
- Experience teaching technology to people with disabilities and/or knowledge of assistive technologies.
- Ability to travel throughout Dane County.
- Ability to maintain website with digital literacy resources.
- College degree and 3 year or more years of professional experience.
Hours of Work: 15 – 25 per week. Hours will vary greatly depending on employee availability. Must be available some weekday evenings and 4 -5 Saturdays per year.
Compensation and benefits: This is an hourly position and compensation starts at $23 per hour plus employer contributions to health insurance, dental insurance, professional development, 3% retirement match, paid time off, phone and paid mileage.
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31.